Let's make commerce and dev jobs better for Japan
At Flagship, we're passionate about making a better web in an environment where ideas flow free, technology is your greatest ally and diversity is considered an asset. With Shopify as our edge, we want to make commerce better for Japan, along with improving environments and defactos for development jobs. If you're interested, don't hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com We'll be happy to meet you.
- Shopify Theme / Front End Developer
- Project Manager
- E-Commerce App Developer
- CMS Data Entry Manager
- Associate Project Manager
Our main office is located at the Impact HUB Tokyo, an international co-working space which hosts several digital companies, as well as the coding bootcamp Le Wagon. The closest station is Meguro Station, and many buses serve the area as well. Around the office, you can find a wide variety of cafes and restaurants, as well as supermarkets and drugstores. And, last but not least, we are only a few steps far from one of the best spots in Tokyo to see the cherry blossoms in spring: the Meguro River.
If you prefer to work remotely, though, we are very flexible in considering such option as well.
In both cases, employees are provided with the tools necessary to do their job well. If you need a particular tool, we'll get it for you.
Conditions & Benefits
- Remote / Semi-remote positions available
- Language coaching program available: Learn and practice business Japanese and English in private coaching sessions
- 3-month trial period
- To help you to understand the company structure, business, and culture, you will experience a wide variety of tasks during your trial period.
- Social insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance)
- Yearly Health check-up (Usually in April)
Visa sponsorship available
If you are applying from overseas, Flagship can sponsor your working visa in Japan. Since the process can take a few months, we would really appreciate if you could go through this list and have all the documents ready during your interview process. If things go well, this would allow us to submit the visa request in a timely manner.
All Flagship employees are expected to share a common background of skills, understanding of expectations and basic technical knowledge:
- Can communicate fluently either in English or Japanese
- Either highly potential or highly stable – both are important in an organization
- Logical – at least have studied concepts of logical thinking and writing
- Understands basic business concepts like NDAs
- Proficient with OSX or Linux
- Proficient with Spreadsheets
- Understand why we can't think of not using git
- Understand at least concepts of HTTP, SSL, SEO, OpenGraph
- Understand Shopify concepts and thoroughly how Shopify can be set up
- Can critically evaluate what a Shopify support person says through understanding of fundamental ways systems work
- You are an independent thinker and problem solver but will not hesitate to ask for help when in need
- Communicate to postpone schedules or task load in advance when in need, instead of staying silent
- Submit admin related documents on time
|Communication||Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, Dropbox Paper, HubSpot|
|Task Management||GitHub Issues|
|Development Tool|| VS Code, Tower(for git), Postico, Sequel Pro, Coda, Transmit, |
|UI Design|| Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, |
|Middleware||Mailtrap, beanstalk, CircleCI, Zapier|
|Analytical tools||Google Analytics, Search Console, Crazyegg|
|Programming Language|| |
|Server||heroku, Amazon Web Services, DNSimple, mackerel, New Relic|
|Interior|| Fritz Hansen, Vitra, Herman Miller, USM, Artek, Magis, |